We are aware of the fact that there are less manufacturing jobs today in the United States of America compared to past few decades. Our manufacturer’s have shut down their manufacturing units in the US and have moved all the manufacturing overseas.
Everything is fair in business, manufacturing companies are no exception. They chase affordable labour and outsource manufacturing to developing countries, where the manufacturing costs are really low, and it works out very well for our manufacturing companies in terms of return on investments.
So what does all this mean? Are we so progressed and don’t want to manufacture in-house? Is manufacturing dead in United States?
Things have changed and the companies are now realizing this fact, that manufacturing at home (US) is turning out to be “more profitable” than manufacturing overseas.
It is good news to America, with manufacturers coming back home. The new term “re-shoring” is gaining momentum slowly and this will surely have a lasting impact on the economy of the country as well as provide more jobs to workers and many more benefits to the manufacturer’s themselves.
We have made an attempt to list all the advantages of re-shoring manufacturing
- It improves the quality of the products manufactured because the manufacturer’s have more control over the production unit and quality is ensure at each stage of the production process.
- In fact, customers are now aware that getting cheap products do not last long and customers prefer to buy locally made quality products.
- Manufacturer’s can now stay close and cater to the customer demands effectively. But the problem is, in-house manufacturers still have to fight for existence with their competitors who rely on cheap labour from developing countries.
- As the awareness among the customers is growing, that in-house manufacturers can offer them quality products along with quality service, the in-house manufacturers have breather here and will benefit in the long run.
- Better protection of intellectual property, because the manufacturing is done locally the risk of infringement by another company or country is minimized.
- The “Made in U.S.A” tag on the product conveys a strong impression to customers that the products are manufactured locally with all the regulations laid out by the government followed.
- Moreover, the government offers subsidy on equipments required for manufacturing and again many more economic reforms are formulated to promote manufacturing in the country.
What does all this infer? And how to benefit from the in-house manufacturing trend?
The only choice left with the manufacturer’s now is to act smart and beat their competition. To stay ahead of the competition the manufacturer’s have to use modern tools and equipments and they require skilled labour to operate the equipments.
And manufacturers are actively looking for trained and certified workers who can improve the overall flow of the manufacturing process.
Companies don’t prefer unskilled workers anymore and the demand for unskilled labour has almost disappeared in the manufacturing field at-least. But the highly skilled and certified workers are in high-demand right now and the manufacturer’s need more of such skilled and certified work force to retrench their existence in United States.
Anyone with a good and proven skill set are recruited by these manufacturer’s with a good pay. And how do you benefit from this trend? Simple motivate yourself to learn new skills and stay up to date with the changing trends in the manufacturing industry. Learning new skills is critical if you want to land in a good job that pays off all your bills and help you live a comfortable life.
If you are smart, then you will take advantage of this growing manufacturing jobs trend. Good news is that, there are less number of skilled labour in our country and the old guys are retiring, so more and more opportunites are opening up for youngsters with skills.
You need to be one of the best in the field to get the best pay. Don’t settle for a job that offers minimum wage, be a part of new manufacturing job revolution.
The hard to believe truth is that there are more people than the number of jobs available in America. And manufacturer’s returning back home will help their own company also the unemployed population.